Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Cassie!

Today would should have been Cassandra's 5th birthday. No doubt she'd be so big, with beautiful hair, chatting up a storm, and generally being the wonderful little kid she always was.

I had to speak in church today and several times I found myself getting so choked up that I knew I wasn't going to be able to. Each time however I took a deep breath and a calming feeling came to me and I was able to do just fine. I like to think Cassie was there with me, putting her hand on my shoulder (or kneecap as the case may be) to let me know everything would be all right.

It's been too long since I was able to hold my little girl, to cradle her in my arms, and tell her how much her daddy loves her.

Happy birthday, Cassie. I love you.

2 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous オテモヤン said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd... My name is also Todd Akers and I'm at the office doing some work. I read about your loss and saw a few of the pictures of you and your beautiful precious baby girl. I was going to keep working but emotions have stirred up inside me reading your blog and I can't wait to rush home to my wife and 7 month old (today is her 7th month). Todd I'm so deeply sorry that you had this experience. My wife and I have lost several precious babies over the past 3 years including the brother our daughter Victoria had as a twin but didn't make it. I don't know why I clicked on your blog but I'm glad I did and I will be saying a prayer for you tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home